6 Oct 2012

Silverware Caddy Tutorial

I recently stopped by the lovely Mary Beth's Blog Cupcakes and Crinoline. She had created the most delightful Silverware Caddy. 



Mary Beth lined a metal tub with some Burlap to safely store her Silverware in. I just fell in love immediately. To get the low down on how to create your own follow this link to her tutorial.

Inspired by her tutorial I set out to create my own.

 I thought it would be just perfect to store on the kitchen bench near the dishwasher. After each load just refill the tub with cutlery, and then at mealtimes for casual family dining just take the whole tub and put in the centre of the table so everyone can choose their own. It's pretty enough to actually make the table look better, and it's easier for Mum (gotta love that!).

So here's how I went....



I couldn't find my metal tubs, but I did have an old stone vase. I made my decorative flowers from cream jute webbing.

It was such a quick craft and I think a really practical one. We just keep it in the middle of the dining table so everyone can help themselves at each meal.

P.S. I will feature a how to on the flowers on my next post, as they are easier to show by demonstrating so I have put a little video together as a how to - just need to upload.


No comments:

Post a Comment