11 Sept 2013

Craft Workshops at the Melbourne Craft Fair

I recently went the the Melbourne Craft Fair. It was so exciting, a day on my own in the world of craft! Time absolutely flew, but I managed to squeeze in 3 workshops over the day. I was very proud to come home at the end of the day with my loot.




At the Brother stand I made a teapot pot holder which was really cute. At the Bernina stand I made an Orange free motion embroidered pillow complete with piping. I would love one of those machines!
And then I made a lampshade with No Chintz from Sydney. I choose a Marimeko fabric to cover it, which was gorgeous. It was my favourite make of the day, and I also bought a kit to make a pendant shade for our dining area at home. They're super easy to make, I would recommend buying one of these kits and making your own if you are looking for a new lampshade.

It was such an awesome day, my soul was full by the end of the day! I was so inspired, I decided that I am going to have a stand at the Brisbane Craft Fair 16th-20th October. I will be selling my range of Burlap Bag Lady beginner sewing patterns and also memberships to The Handmade Swap. So if you are planning a day at the fair be sure to come past and say hello at The Handmade Swap Stand F18. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment