23 Aug 2013

My Swap Goodies! Ready to go for The Handmade Swap!

It's been a busy few weeks with the Ekka and getting ready for my first swap in The Handmade Swap. The Handmade Swap is an organised craft swap in Australia where members send each other Handmade Gifts 5 times a year. It's really cool and lots of fun.

So this swap I had to send something to Mary who lives on farm and loves bright colours. So made her all these goodies and sent them off.








I made a document wallet out of Burlap, lined with a printed cotton with little chickens on it - perfect for farm business files! I love this document wallet so I am going to make the pattern available in my online store soon.

 I also sent her two heart shaped felt pocket warmers. You just pop them in the microwave 30 seconds and then put them in your pockets to keep you hands warm, perfect for this time of year.


And then finally I made her a modern take on the old crochet tea towels. The hanging crochet tea towels are so practical (especially with a 1 year old in my house who pulls down the tea towel at least 6 times a day!), but I don't know how to crochet. So this was my fabric interpretation of the crocheted tea towel. I think it turned out quite well, so I will also add the pattern for this soon.


I sent the items off about 2 weeks ago and yesterday received a lovely letter in the mail from Mary telling me how much she loved them all! Now I can't wait for the next swap!

So with lots of patterns to get ready, it's back to the studio for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment